Reverso complies, in the collection and management of your personal data, with the GDPR that came into effect in May 2018.
Article 1 - Acceptance of rules concerning the use of personal data
By using any of the Reverso sites or products, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to these rules regarding the use of personal data. If you disagree with them, please do not access the Reverso sites.
Article 2 – Identity of the data collector
The person responsible for collecting your personal data is Reverso SAS, a simplified joint stock company with a capital of €42,500, registered with the Trade and Companies Register of NANTERRE under number 335 309 993, whose registered office is located at 5, rue Soyer 92200 NEUILLY-SUR-SEINE.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer (or DPO) at email@example.com.
Article 3 – Nature of personal data
Personal data includes any personally identifiable information that you deliberately provide when registering on one or more Reverso sites or products or that will be used in connection with your use of the Reverso sites. Personal data includes "registration data", "usage data" and user contributions:
a - Registration data
The registration data corresponds to the fields you fill in when you create or update your Reverso account.
A validated, personal and not “temporary” email address is mandatory. Other data may be requested on an optional basis, such as your first name, last name, occupation, language, date of birth.
First and last names are considered private data. They will be available publicly if you contribute to the collaborative dictionary or on the Expressio website. If you do not want to make this data publicly available, it is up to you not to enter your first and last name. In this case, only your username will be displayed.
b - Usage data
Usage data is saved automatically when you log in to Reverso sites. The purpose of their collection is to enable users to take full advantage of the services offered and to enable them to be improved, as described in Article 4.
In addition, offline data is also stored for users who are not logged in as part of cookies. This is the subject of a dedicated article.
c – User Contributions
These are suggestions, revisions, returns, or any other content posted by the user to Reverso or the Reverso Solutions user community.
Article 4 – Purposes of the collection of personal data
The Reverso services process personal data in order to enable users to take full advantage of the services offered and to enable them to improve.
The use of this data allows, among other things, any Reverso user to:
- benefit from an optimized experience
- retain its history, favourites, preferences or documents
- contribute to collaborative tools or provide feedback
- receive responses to written requests made to via the Reverso contact form
- receive information on the features
For example, they allow Reverso to:
- optimize the different functionalities of each site
- to measure the audience of Reverso sites
- to raise awareness of the functionalities of Reverso’s products and services
Article 5 – Recipients of the collected data
They may, however, be disclosed pursuant to a law, regulation or decision of a competent regulatory or judicial authority.
Article 6 – Retention of personal data
Personal data will be stored for the duration of the use of the Reverso sites.
Once your user account has been deactivated for any reason, the contributions associated with it will be kept and anonymized. However, Reverso undertakes to delete the registration data associated with your user account (name, surname, email etc.) following the request to deactivate the Reverso account.
Reverso takes all necessary precautions, organisational and technical measures to ensure the confidentiality of information stored on Reverso sites. Email addresses and personal data (except activation of the public profile and public contributions) of registered users do not appear at any time.
Regarding the paid use of Reverso services, the payment details of the users are kept by the companies that manage the payments and subscriptions: Braintree (for paid use of Reverso Documents), Google and Apple (for the Premium version of Reverso applications).
You can share information about your use of Reverso services on social networks. Reverso cannot be held responsible for the information you disseminate in this context.
Reverso undertakes not to communicate your information to third parties without your consent and to take all necessary precautions, appropriate organisational and technical measures to safeguard the security of your personal data and, in particular, to prevent it from being distorted, damaged or accessed by unauthorised third parties. Data is secure and hosted in Europe.
Reverso reserves the right to prosecute anyone who attempts to access personal information that does not concern it.
Article 7 – Rights and responsibilities of users
a - Deletion of personal data
In accordance with the GDPR, you can obtain communication and, if necessary, correction or deletion of information about you.
To do so, you can contact Reverso by mail at: Reverso SAS, 5 rue Soyer, 92200 NEUILLY-SUR-SEINE or via the contact form Reverso, or by modifying online the information associated with your profile in the «My Account» pages on the Reverso sites. Reverso reserves the right to verify the identity of the persons who contact it (for example with an identity card) before allowing them to access personal data or to take into account their corrections.
You are reminded that any person may, for legitimate reasons, object to the processing of data concerning him or her.
b - Dereferencing
You can ask the search engines and Reverso to stop associating content that damages your first and last name. If your request concerns the content that appears among the examples of use of the words proposed by Reverso, you can ask to delete the content. The request must be made via the contact form and you should be able to justify the harm caused and your identity. Please note that no claim for damages will be accepted by Reverso SAS.
c – Intellectual Property of Contributions
Note that user contributions will not be copyrighted.
d – Responsibilities
The user remains responsible for the content he publishes on the Reverso sites and for managing his password.
The user agrees that he is solely responsible for the content sent, displayed or downloaded during the use of the services. It agrees not to use the Services in any way that violates applicable laws, including but not limited to anti-spam laws and regulations, relating to confidentiality, and it agrees to be solely responsible for compliance with all such laws and regulations. It further agrees not to use the Services to communicate any message or material harassing, defamatory, threatening, obscene, indecent, that violates the intellectual property rights of any third party or is otherwise illegal, who incurs civil liability, or who constitutes or encourages conduct that may constitute a criminal offence, under any applicable law or regulation.
Where appropriate, Reverso reserves the right to take appropriate measures, including prosecution.
Article 8 – Cookies
Cookies are text files, often encrypted, stored in your browser. They are created when a user’s browser loads a given website: the website sends information to the browser, which then creates a text file. Each time the user returns to the same site, the browser retrieves this file and sends it to the website server.
We can distinguish several types of cookies, which do not have the same purposes: technical cookies, advertising cookies and affiliate cookies:
- Technical cookies are used throughout your browsing, in order to facilitate and perform certain functions. A technical cookie can, for example, be used to remember the answers given in a form or the user’s preferences regarding the language or presentation of a website, when such options are available.
- Advertising cookies can be created not only by the website on which the user is browsing, but also by other websites broadcasting advertisements, ads, widgets or other elements on the page displayed. These cookies can be used to carry out targeted advertising, that is, advertising based on the user’s navigation.
Reverso primarily uses technical cookies, including:
- An authentication cookie, allowing you to remain authenticated without having to re-enter your account credentials on each page
- A session cookie, allowing you to store your session information during your visit. This cookie is not persistent: it is deleted at the end of your visit.
You may object to the installation of these cookies, but such refusal could prevent the proper functioning of the Reverso sites.
b - Specific cookie used for advertising purposes
Reverso also uses advertising cookies, subject to your consent requested during your visit to the Reverso sites. Advertising cookies allow us to adapt the advertising offered on our site
- by counting the total number of advertisements displayed by us on our advertising spaces, identifying those advertisements, the number of users who clicked on each advertisement and compiling statistics
- by adapting our advertising spaces to the display preferences of your terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.), depending on the hardware and software for viewing or reading your terminal has
- by adapting the advertising content displayed on your terminal by our advertising spaces, according to the navigation of your terminal on our site
- by adapting, where appropriate, the advertising content displayed on your terminal in our advertising spaces according to the location data transmitted by your terminal with your prior consent
- by adapting the advertising content displayed on your device in our advertising spaces according to the personal data you have provided us
The list of these advertising cookies and the means to disable them are specified below:
Reverso reminds you for all purposes that you can object to the deposit of cookies by configuring your browser by following the instructions given in the links below. These links may change depending on the versions of the different browsers.
c - Specific cookie used for statistical purposes
For reasons related to the technology used by one of our service providers, a visit to the Reverso sites may result in the use of a specific cookie for statistical analysis and audience measurement of the Reverso sites.
Google Analytics Terms and Conditions are available at https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/
The Quantcast Measure Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.quantcast.com/privacy/
Article 9 – Amendments
Otherwise, and if this new policy does not suit you, you will no longer need to access Reverso sites.